TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Payment due on the registered Motorcycle/Three-wheeler/ Motor vehicle (hereinafter referred to as the vehicle shall be made to David Pieris Automobiles (Private) Limited (hereinafter referred to as the Company) by the Customer through the following modes of payment: a) Cash or, b) Cheque drawn in favour of the Company. Acceptance of payment by cheque shall be at the sole discretion of the Company. In the event that the Company accepts payment(s) by cheque, cheques should be drawn in favor of the Company and crossed “Account Payee”. Delivery of the vehicle will be solely dependent on the realization of the cheque. The full payment shall be completed within thirty (30) days from the date of initial payment/confirmation.
2. The Company is engaged in the sale of used vehicles. The Customer shall do an inspection of the vehicle he/she wishes to purchase, before making payment to the Company, and being satisfied with the condition of the used vehicle, shall make payment to the Company according to modes of payment mentioned in clause 1 a) and b). Inspection of the vehicle shall be done at the Company premises.
3. The Company shall not provide the customer with Free Service and/or Warranty period for the vehicle sold by the Company.
4.i. The Company shall not under any circumstance exchange any vehicle, accept the return of the Vehicle and/ or refund of money paid for such vehicle once the vehicle is; (a) Sold and delivered to the Customer and/or (b) Subjected to any change, modification or alteration upon the request of the Customer or otherwise and/or (c) Used by the Customer and/or (d) Registered with the Department of Motor Traffic in the name of the Customer/a nominee of the Customer. ii. The Company shall have no liability or responsibility to the Customer under the circumstances mentioned in 4.i above and the Customer shall indemnify the Company from all such losses/damages/claims whatsoever which may be caused to the Customer under such circumstances.
5. In the case of vehicles acquired by the Company from tender/s of Leasing/Finance Companies, the Customer shall obtain the required re-registration documents from the Company within thirty (30) days of the purchase and re-registration shall be concluded within fourteen (14) days upon receipt of the re-registration documents of such vehicles from the Company.
6. The Company shall not be liable to the Customer, or be in breach of any provision hereof, for any failure or delay in observing or performing any obligation hereof resulting from an act(s) of God, force majeure or insurrection, riot, civil commotion, strike or lockout, or due to any order by the Government or any Court, Tribunal, forum, person or body, or for any other cause or reason whether or not specifically enumerated herein, which cause or reason was reasonably beyond the control of the Company.
7. In case of any discrepancy between the clauses printed in English and the Sinhala/or Tamil translations thereof, the clauses as printed in English shall prevail.